TOP 20 THINGS I WILL NOT MISS ABOUT
LIVING IN THE BASEMENT
1. cooking on a "hot plate"
2. my toaster oven - used to heat dinners of all sorts
3. having our master bedroom in the dance room
4. having the workmen use our bathroom in the basement to do their "business"
5. walking out of my bathroom and having 3 men staring at me!
6. being in my kitchen and turning around to workmen standing right behind me
7. having the sheet rocker walk in and lie down on my couch
8. looking like the neighborhood junk yard during construction - sorry neighbors!
9. the "fiesta" music that is blaring throughout my house ALL day
10. messes all the time everywhere (no cabinets to put anything away!)
11. having an open door all day every day - literally and figuratively
12. not having a door bell for 9 months now
13. sharing a bathroom with most of the family
14. having a bookshelf for a pantry
15. noise - and not being able to get away from it
16. not having a bathtub
17. not being able to look out my window and see the mountains
18. hiking up and out of the house every time I come and go
19. having the roofers STARE at us every time we come and go
20. having everything we've needed throughout this year in "STORAGE"!

6 comments:
it's really been a long haul for you guys. I can't wait to see how it all turns out. how much longer????
Almost done...deep breaths! It'll all be worth it. I say that but don't really believe it. :)
How can you fault the "roofer's" checkin you out? :) It will all be soooo worth it in while!
I just spent 45 minutes reading your entire blog-- loved reading about Bowen's adoption (you guys are amazing!), saw that your beautiful house is almost done and I spotted some LimeRicki's too :)! Oh, and Bowen's dance performance cracked me up!
I must admit that I was sceptical about this whole "live in the basement" plan... so I am very impressed that your family did it! You will appreciate your new home even more, and I am sure that the kids will always remember the year you holed up in the basement together!
Oh come on, you know your gonna miss those workers walking in on you while your trying to get dressed!
Post a Comment