Thursday, September 4, 2008

McKenna...
"Slipping through my fingers all the time"
"School bag in hand she leaves home in the early morning,
Waving goodbye with an absent minded smile,
And I have to sit down for a while.
The feeling that I'm loosing her forever and without really entering her world,
I'm glad whenever I can share her laughter, that funny little girl.
Slipping through my fingers all the time...
Sleep in our eyes, her and me at the breakfast table
Barely awake, I let precious time go by.
Then when she's gone, there's that odd meloncholy feeling,
And a sense of guilt I can't deny.
What happened to the wonderful adventures,
The places I had planned for us to go.
Well some of that we did, but some we didn't
And why I just don't know.
Slipping through my fingers all the time...
I try to capture every minute, the feelings in it.
Do I really see what's in her mind,
Each time I think I'm close to knowing, she keeps on growing
Slipping through my fingers all the time.
Sometimes I wish that I could freeze the picture
and save it from the funny tricks of time
slipping through my fingers..."
Mamma Mia

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cried crocodile tears while watching that part of Mamma Mia with Kelsey next to me. She leaned over and said are you crying & then I'll bet she rolled her eyes (it was too dark to tell).

I cried everytime Pierce Brosnan sang also. :)

Carrie said...

Carrie, Ha, Ha, me too! I loved the movie but also thought Pierce Brosnan was painful! Miss you so, so much!

Erin said...

I cried reading this! That photo is so, so sweet! I really cannot believe that McKenna & Tanner are in college! Beautiful post.

Anonymous said...

Still cry every time I see this part...my turn next year to send Lainie into the big and scary world! Greg says she isn't going anywhere until she is 25...