
"There are souls in this world which
have the gift of finding joy
everywhere and leaving it behind
them when they go."
Jean Paul Richter
As we pass the second anniversary of the death of my sweet sister Julie, and anticipate her birth date this month, I am overwhelmed with how much about her that I miss...I miss her unwavering faith, her love for my kids, her laughter, her tears, her leadership, her determination, her example, her incredible ability to overcome fear, her calming affect, her wisdom, her phone calls, her voice, her love for chocolate cake, her hands, her spirituality, her handwriting, her counsel, her e-mails, her understanding voice, her being so close, her smell, and mostly I just miss HER!

5 comments:
Ooooooohhh ouch ME TOO! ME TOO...I miss her so so much. I thought it was supposed to get easier--it DOESN'T! Love you sweet friend!
Such beautiful images. And beautiful memories of your darling sister. Carrie, I just cried when I saw this. I know how you miss her. Because I know how much you love her! The photos are wonderful...
Carrie,what great photos of Julie, and what sweet and tender memories you shared of her. I knew Julie for a short while when we were in the Westview Ward, and she had the most amazing spirit and strength, and was so encouraging and thoughtful during my cancer battle. Sending loving thoughts your way!
What a beautiful tribute to your sister.
Carrie, this is such a beautiful tribute to your beautiful sister.
Post a Comment