Monday, January 14, 2008

Socks

Chore: a hard or UNPLEASANT task.
For me it is matching socks!!! I know this is
unbelievable to some of you who actually are
organized and always have your laundry
"done"!  I can't really relate.   I know, I know,
all the grand ideas of pinning the socks together
before you wash them (yea right, am I going 
to follow the kids around and hand them a pin 
every time they take their socks off?)...I have 
tried this one...color coding the socks for easier 
matching. (This just made the sock pile very 
colorful but really didn't help with the fact that 
they STILL needed to be matched.)  I could 
always just start over and go buy new socks...
NO, it just makes the pile bigger because the 
new socks are now mixed in with the old ones...
I have even tried getting the kids to match 
(which they do every morning - if they want 
to wear socks) Yea, they don't want anything 
to do with it!
I did say that I love sunny days, I think its 
because nobody needs socks on a sunny day!
Well, I'm off to my own little sock party - 
Maybe if I call it a party it won't be such a... 
CHORE!

7 comments:

alison said...

ok, now i need some lessons! your blog is so dang cute.

and as far as the laundry goes- it doesn't, always there, never done.

wish i had some tips.

Erin said...

Well said. In my opinion, the only way to get laundry "done: is for everyone in the house to stop wearing clothes for a few days (weeks?) (Not that we do this---I'm just saying...)

Anonymous said...

iiO.K. I am going to love reading your blog!!! I just laughed at the socks. Are we going to start taking pictures of everything? That was so fun. You made my day. By the way, that lady did a fabulous job with your background. I think I need her to do mine. Tam

Anonymous said...

I love your template too! Is it custom just for you? It looks like YOU--so cute!

Socks...geesh, you have so many more pairs than I. I have one girl who rarely wears socks and doesn't live at home any more. For the three boys I buy all same size, three different styles- black crew, white no shows, and white ankle. Sorry I'm anal about laundry, I never let it pile up. I'd probably NOT match em up if I had a pile that big!! Here's a sock for each foot...

Jennifer said...

I am so glad that you finally got a blog!!!!!!
Our sealing date is the 30th, and OF COURSE YOU ARE INVITED! That picture is for the invites (which you should be receiving this week)
Have a great week!

Real said...

In our house I have one of those 8-drawer plastic thingies with each person's name on it. Then as the socks come out of the dryer I just stick the sock (no matching!) into the right drawer. Since we buy socks in 6 or 8 packs, there is always at least ONE match to be made and that person can dig through their drawer to find it on their own!

Carrie said...

real,
That is the best suggestion I have gotten! Thanks for the tip...I'm going to try it! Off to get bins!