The next day in Guatemala we had a day to tour. We decided to get out of the city and up into the mountains. We had a full day of learning about the Guatemalan people, the Mayan people and their culture. The people are loving, happy, and have a rich heritage. Guatemala is known for their coffee. We learned about the coffee plant, how it grows and how they pick and harvest the beans...What an interesting day! We finished our day at a great little restaurant where we made a makeshift highchair for Bowen... It was a fun day to enjoy being with him again and seeing more of his country. The next couple of days were filled with embassy appointments and such that we could not take pictures of. We were so excited to get home and start our life with our babe! We flew home the next morning!
Some of the sweet people we encountered
on our day out...

How do I look in my traditional
Mayan clothes...
What a beautiful view...Corey and Bo, he
liked to face out in the sling so he
could see what was going on!
Coffee plants growing on the side
of a steep hill and a close up
of a coffee plant...
This is Bo "strapped" to the chair (their idea
of a highchair) - actually a pretty good
idea...he loved it!

1 comment:
I hope you don't mind if I borrowed the pics of Julie to post on my blog. I just loved them!!!
I love your darling family--ALL OF YOU!!! I miss you guys. xo
Post a Comment