Sunday, February 10, 2008

We're back in Guatemala

August 28, 2005 - 
Our reunion with Bowen was so great. It was truly the best feeling holding him again, knowing that he was ours for good. He continued to be cute as ever.  He seemed to have thinned out a little and was more active. When we were in Guatemala in July, he was so little and came to us without any hesitation.  This time he seemed more hesitant and a bit scared. (It's amazing what a month will do in an infants life!) I was so sad to see his little face so scared, wondering if he remembered us. Once in a while, we got him to smile and in time, he warmed up to us and I think started to remember (or at least realize that we aren't that bad!). 
I wonder what was going through his mind
when we took him away from his nanny
and up to our room at the hotel?
At times he was calm, and then,
confused...
And then, that look, so sad and scared...It
breaks my heart to look back at these
pictures and see this, although it comforts
me to know how well adjusted
he has become. 
After letting Bowen get used to us again, we
decided to go out for a walk.  Back in the
baby sling and off we went! Just like
old times!

2 comments:

Erin said...

It is sad to see these pictures. I had forgotten that there was a time when Bowen didn't feel completely at home. You look like the babe that you are, Carrie! ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh so sweet!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures, they are priceless. And the pics of Julie made me cry...again! Love you!!!